I’ve been writing an Advent Calendar by tweeting in @Onnivaattori. I chose some sample sentences from my book “Onnivaattori – Itsen johtamisen keveys” (it’s in Finnish; meaning ”the lightness of self-leadrship”). Now I thought I could translate them and let my English-speaking friends have a look. Do you see here a collection of unconnected sentences, or is there a meaningful story emerging in your mind?
- I believe in Being that arises from the silence of one’s mind. Being manifests into meaningful actions.
- Theory U is a lense (how to see the world) and a method (how to change the world).
- Who am I, in my essence? What is my task, in this life?
- How do I generate changes in me, get myself unstuck?
- What would suffice today? Could I do just that, and feel I’m enough??
- I will not wait for the world to calm down. I will calm down. Now.
- An open mind wants to hear what others have in mind. Good questions arise from curiosity.
- A question comes alive when the one who asks is willing to truly listen to the answer.
- What happens if I take responsibility of my state of mind and actions, in this moment?
- How can I be less hasty and more relevant in my thoughts and actions?
- Can I be a gardener of my happiness? Can my happiness grow limitlessly?
- I’m standing in the livingroom of my mind, looking around and wondering what’s useless and can go.
- What is the risk I take today, the fear I face?
- Why am I working so long days? Are my actions missing relevancy, effectiveness, power and clarity?
- I let go of attachment. I want to open my mind, be continuously renewed, listen to life’s calling.
- Who am I becoming? What do have to let go of? Which future is inviting me, waking my curiosity?
- Burnout will come if I’m burning in the fire of external expectations. I want to burn from within; burn-in.
- Am I going to use the rest of my life for getting old, or growing up?
- If everything that’s futile is stripped off, who am I ? What is my purpose?
- What is the most important thing? Can I focus my attention to that, and only that?
- What would be my most natural, simple and happy way to live? Am I already living that way? If not, what’s stopping me?
- Which stories would help my desired future to emerge? Could I start some renewing experiments?
- Perhaps self-leadership is a journey towards myself, and I discover others on the road?
- Or is self-leadership a journey towards others, and I discover myself on the road?
– Best Christmas wishes, Pekka